GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
Back Pressure in Exhaust I_vote_lcapBack Pressure in Exhaust I_voting_barBack Pressure in Exhaust I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
Back Pressure in Exhaust I_vote_lcapBack Pressure in Exhaust I_voting_barBack Pressure in Exhaust I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

Back Pressure in Exhaust

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

Back Pressure in Exhaust Vide
PostSubject: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty1/9/2010, 10:30 am

How can you tell or what are the signs of unbalanced back pressure from a dual exhaust setup? I always hear this term and understand it has to do with the airflow but not any other implications of an improper setup.
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 5

PostSubject: Re: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty1/9/2010, 11:06 am

you will have to go have it dyno tested. Even if you have uneven back pressure if you have and "X" or an "H" pipe in your exhaust you shouldn't really even notice it. There may be some power loss in certain RPM ranges, but chances are the average person will never notice it. I wouldn't waiste my money on this unless I was trying to tune a drag truck.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty1/9/2010, 1:55 pm

I've never felt any lower RPM power loss but always wondered what the drama was about. The only thing I ever worried about is how many more bends were on the driver side pipes than the passenger....but that's really after the muffler anyway.
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 1

PostSubject: Re: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty1/9/2010, 4:32 pm

With all the cat converters we have on our trucks, I wouldn't worry about it. I agree that unless you have some crazy bends on one bank's exhaust vs. the other shouldn't be a problem. If anything to worry about would be lack of back pressure, which as I stated earlier with all the cats isn't an issue. As long as you are not dualled out with 3" pipe you should be ok. Those x pipes and h pipes are really designed for cars with all the tricky bends the exhaust has to do to get to the back of the car(around gas tanks and such) it is hard for those exhaust systems to put out equal volume.
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 5

PostSubject: Re: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty1/9/2010, 4:35 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty1/9/2010, 7:58 pm

I believe it's factory specs for the diameter and will post some pics of the undercarriage as soon as I upload them to Photobucket. Someone had taken em for me last May and just sent them.....but I'm running straight back for the most part.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty1/9/2010, 8:23 pm

Back Pressure in Exhaust Muff]Back Pressure in Exhaust Muff2
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back Pressure in Exhaust   Back Pressure in Exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

Back Pressure in Exhaust

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: MODIFICATIONS :: PERFORMANCE MODS -