GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
Is this person here? Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
Is this person here? Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
Is this person here? Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
Is this person here? Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
Is this person here? Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
Is this person here? Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
Is this person here? Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
Is this person here? Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
Is this person here? Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
Is this person here? I_vote_lcapIs this person here? I_voting_barIs this person here? I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
Is this person here? I_vote_lcapIs this person here? I_voting_barIs this person here? I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

Is this person here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
dmonge90
dmonge90

PROPS : 1

Is this person here? Vide
PostSubject: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 12:13 am

On saturday when you guys had the meet at Hughes & Jeff I was leaving work to go to a customers house when I saw this black tundra on a 6" lift. Looked sick, sitting on 35s. Just wanted to know if the person that drives this truck is on here:

Is this person here? P_00060

It actually looks like the girl from car domains tundra, just 6" higher. But at the same time if there was a hot girl like that in the store I would have noticed. Everybody in my department gives each other a heads up when we see a good looking girl in the store.

also, when I got to the customers house there was a timberland mica lifted 6" a couple houses down.
It feels like everybody has a lift except me, and I want one soo bad.
Back to top Go down

Vic
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 7:47 am

with the rims that it has aswell as the lift i think this truck came out of SA they would send em to a shop down the street from where i worked. usually 2 at a time.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 7:48 am

Not one of the members I know. You need to get some of the cards at the next meet or from Ben so when you see a Tundra, you can recruit some more folks.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 7:50 am

Vic wrote:
with the rims that it has aswell as the lift i think this truck came out of SA they would send em to a shop down the street from where i worked. usually 2 at a time.

To do what at the shop? Trying to understand how you can guess where the truck came from.
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 5

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 10:44 am

Lot of dealerships send their trucks to a particular shop to have them lifted, wheels put on or whatever else they do
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 2:54 pm

Ahhh got it now...thanks. You'd think they had a tech on site that could do that since they're always trying to get you to "stay in warranty" and all that other stuff.
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 6:48 pm

TXTee wrote:
Not one of the members I know. You need to get some of the cards at the next meet or from Ben so when you see a Tundra, you can recruit some more folks.

I do, I sent beez my address once but never got a response
Back to top Go down

Vic
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 8:55 pm

i understand that they send their trucks off to get minor mods. who doesnt do that nowadays. every truck that went to that 4wheelparts by the airport in SA came out with the exact same lift and rims. they probably still have some at the dealer i just havent been to SA recently.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 9:39 pm

Yeah I also see the prices they charge for the work.....much more fun for me to do the shopping around and actually knowing what I'm doing to my truck and why. They put a pkg on a 2010 at the dealership near me and are charging 7K when it's only about 3K worth of upgrades.
Back to top Go down
justinsfa
justinsfa
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/25/2009, 11:59 pm

As a professional salesman.... 30 Percent markup is standard....

I buy a truck and send it to 4 wheel parts to get it lifted.... Say 3000 bucks...

Dealer gets a truck, sends it to 4 wheel parts to get it lifted, spends 3000 bucks, then increases that price by 30 percent, then puts it up for resale...

Add in rims and tires and theres your $7k.

You are paying the middle man....
Back to top Go down
justinsfa
justinsfa
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/26/2009, 12:05 am

dmonge90 wrote:
On saturday when you guys had the meet at Hughes & Jeff I was leaving work to go to a customers house when I saw this black tundra on a 6" lift. Looked sick, sitting on 35s. Just wanted to know if the person that drives this truck is on here:

Is this person here? P_00060

It actually looks like the girl from car domains tundra, just 6" higher. But at the same time if there was a hot girl like that in the store I would have noticed. Everybody in my department gives each other a heads up when we see a good looking girl in the store.

also, when I got to the customers house there was a timberland mica lifted 6" a couple houses down.
It feels like everybody has a lift except me, and I want one soo bad.

By the way, that girl on car domain is not the owner of the truck.... she is a paid model.... they have them for tacomas other Toyota vehicles as well... Look at the links on the page.... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2544451

They pay a girl to come look like they are installing a radio themselves, then use it for advertisement.

Check it out for yourselves....

http://www.tacotunes.com/
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/26/2009, 12:36 am

justinsfa wrote:
As a professional salesman.... 30 Percent markup is standard....

I buy a truck and send it to 4 wheel parts to get it lifted.... Say 3000 bucks...

Dealer gets a truck, sends it to 4 wheel parts to get it lifted, spends 3000 bucks, then increases that price by 30 percent, then puts it up for resale...

Add in rims and tires and theres your $7k.

You are paying the middle man....

Oh I understand quite well, Church LOL....that's why I'm doing it myself. First thing I told the salesman is, "Why would I want to finance your uplifted package price for the next 5 years?" He laughed....
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/26/2009, 1:27 am

Funny thing is theres people that actually would rather pay that instead of doing it themselves.
Back to top Go down
justinsfa
justinsfa
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/26/2009, 9:40 am

Its not always a bad thing.... You can roll over the price of the mods into your regular truck note....

Plus, the dealer will usually keep the warranty valid... which is a pretty big plus.

And lastly, you just drive off in it! Dont have to worry about vehicle down time and all that mess....

It is a good option for some people, and not for others...

Many people arent mechanically inclined enough to do a lift install, ESPECIALLY a 6 inch kit... they are much more complicated than a 3" kit....

Plus, many people do not have the facilities, time or tools to do this either.... We put a leveling kit on a F150 last year.... My buddy was hell bent on doing all the wrench turning in his garage cuz thats what REAL MEN do...

It took us 2 days and he spent about 200 bucks on tools that he will probably never even use again.... (the install went HORRIBLE).

He coulda had his truck in and out at a professional installer in one day and for the same price or less....

I am fortunate enough to have the facilities, tools, know-how, and buddies willing to help.

I cant imagine someone attempting to do this, say, in an apartment parking lot.... in August.... lol.... I did mine in August and it was torture...
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/26/2009, 12:03 pm

LMAO @ the August part. I hear ya Church....I can't do any of it myself but I like the whole mod process and wish I could be more hands on or involved. I was raised with an extremely talented mechanic so I've always been fascinated by engines and cars in general. To watch a singlehanded person pull apart transmissions and engines, FIND the problem, then fix it and remember where it all goes without using any books/guides/assistance is just amazing!
Back to top Go down
soccerplaya10
soccerplaya10

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/26/2009, 4:45 pm

i know that guy with the black tundra that you saw at best buy he lives a couple of streets down from me
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/27/2009, 5:02 am

Cool! If you see him in person we'd love if you could tell him about the site and hope he'll join the community.
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty11/27/2009, 3:47 pm

soccerplaya10 wrote:
i know that guy with the black tundra that you saw at best buy he lives a couple of streets down from me

what neighborhood are you in?
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this person here?   Is this person here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this person here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: OFF TOPIC -