GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
PSI Guidelines Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
PSI Guidelines Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
PSI Guidelines Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
PSI Guidelines Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
PSI Guidelines Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
PSI Guidelines Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
PSI Guidelines Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
PSI Guidelines Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
PSI Guidelines Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
PSI Guidelines I_vote_lcapPSI Guidelines I_voting_barPSI Guidelines I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

PSI Guidelines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

PSI Guidelines Vide
PostSubject: PSI Guidelines   PSI Guidelines Empty2/5/2010, 5:21 pm

What's the best recommendation for knowing the tire pressure you should be running on anything that's not OEM? Is it just reading the label on the tire itself?

Also, what consideration should be taken for those that go off road? I hear about airing down when in sandy conditions but would like to know general guidelines for all terrains.
Back to top Go down
GreatScott
GreatScott

PROPS : 0

PSI Guidelines Vide
PostSubject: Re: PSI Guidelines   PSI Guidelines Empty2/5/2010, 6:14 pm

Well my tires came on my truck when i bought. The max is 65 psi, but the dealer has them at 42 - 45. I would like to know how they arrived at that number too. I tried, not very hard, looking for this online and didn't really find anything worth noting.
btw, i do run my tires with about 47-50 psi. some people are of the opinion your tires should be 5 - 10 under max psi. not sure if thats true or not.
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 7

PSI Guidelines Vide
PostSubject: Re: PSI Guidelines   PSI Guidelines Empty2/6/2010, 12:43 am

There is a good "trick" for getting the best tire pressure for any tire you put on your truck. It involves a flat road surface and chalk. If I remember correctly it goes like this:
1. find flat, smooth, level section of pavement
2. air up tires to an equal pressure like 35 psi in all four tires
3. take chalk and "paint" the tread of your tires (do 2 at a time on same axle), cover at least a 1 foot section of the tread that is not on the pavement
4. drive forward so that the chalked section of the tire makes contact with the pavement a couple of times (at least 2 revolutions of the tire) then stop with the chalked section in a position that you can look at it
5. observe the chalked section of the tire and see what chalk remains on the tread and what is rubbed away
6. raise or lower the pressure in the tire or tires and repeat steps 3-5 in order to get to a point that all of the chalk is rubbed away equally across the contact patch of the tire

What this does is get the correct pressure into the tire that is best for the weight or load of your vehicle and the type of tire you have, there may be a few things I left out but I'm sure if you google it you can probably find the procedure out there
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PROPS : 1

PSI Guidelines Vide
PostSubject: Re: PSI Guidelines   PSI Guidelines Empty2/6/2010, 1:22 am

never heard of that before, thanks for the info
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PSI Guidelines Vide
PostSubject: Re: PSI Guidelines   PSI Guidelines Empty

Back to top Go down

PSI Guidelines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: GULF COAST TUNDRAS HQ :: GCT SUPPORTING VENDORS :: DISCOUNT TIRE -