GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
K&N intake ????? which one??? I_vote_lcapK&N intake ????? which one??? I_voting_barK&N intake ????? which one??? I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
K&N intake ????? which one??? I_vote_lcapK&N intake ????? which one??? I_voting_barK&N intake ????? which one??? I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

K&N intake ????? which one???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
htownfister
htownfister

PROPS : 0

K&N intake ????? which one??? Vide
PostSubject: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 8:09 am

Ok, so i finally decided to drop a dime on an intake. I want to get a K&N but im not sure wether to go for a 63 or 77 series. Are there any differences in sound,HP, or MPG? Or is the only difference the fact that the 66 is black and made out of plastic/rubber and the 77 made out of aluminum?
Help me out guys.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 8:35 am

You got it - that's the only difference. I'd actually go with the 63 series because plastic doesn't hold as much heat as the metal.
Back to top Go down
htownfister
htownfister

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 5:55 pm

Thanks, i was thinking the same. I just wanted another opinion. Im placing the order!!!
Back to top Go down
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 2

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 6:23 pm

Neither.....just get the Volant!! The donaldson filter is the only filter actually approved by Toyota as a replacement!!
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 6:59 pm

He has a 4.7. I thought K&N is the only option for it.
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 1

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 9:31 pm

The metal vs. plastic debate is actually a false one. Black naturally retains heat. Air flows through the inlet too fast for it to actually gain heat and consider how far it is from headers and such. SO i would go with the one that looks the best. Personallly I prefer volant but it's all about preferance. If I was to buy one, I would just keep saving and buy an after market MAFS to go with it and install at same time. You will not tell that much of a difference just installing CAI.
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 7

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 10:01 pm

EastTX Tank wrote:
The metal vs. plastic debate is actually a false one. Black naturally retains heat. Air flows through the inlet too fast for it to actually gain heat and consider how far it is from headers and such. SO i would go with the one that looks the best. Personallly I prefer volant but it's all about preferance. If I was to buy one, I would just keep saving and buy an after market MAFS to go with it and install at same time. You will not tell that much of a difference just installing CAI.

So where are these souped up MAFS, who's selling 'em??
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 10:08 pm

Uhm the color of it is not the issue...it's the material. It's under the hood. It's not like we're comparing heat in a dark colored vs light colored vehicle LOL....which by the way is going to be minimal as well. Point blank, it's the material and the reason that thermal mugs are now lined with a metal and not just plastic to keep beverages warmer or cooler longer. And again, K&N is the only CAI for his rig.....so Volant, AFE, AirRaid, is all out of the question.
Back to top Go down
htownfister
htownfister

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 10:17 pm

TXTee you are on the money! I ordered the black. K&N was my only option since i have the V6. I think it will help a little and also make exhaust sound a little more throaty.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 10:22 pm

Thanks for clarifying - I meant the 4.0 V6 because some others do make it for the 4.7 V8.

When will you be home? Definitely hope you can make it to Feb's meet. I'm sure you'll be able to put the CAI on before then but we can all help if you decide to wait.
Back to top Go down
klondike4001
klondike4001
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/28/2010, 10:50 pm

That's the one I have, you're gonna love the sound. If you need any help on the install let me know, I did mine a few weeks back.
Back to top Go down
htownfister
htownfister

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/29/2010, 12:23 am

Im back in fort hood. Was planning on driving today, but this rain has not stopped on this side ot Texas. Might drive down there tomorrow for the weekend if the rain stops. As of now I do plan on attending the meet. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
htownfister
htownfister

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/29/2010, 12:24 am

Thanks Jonathan! Im pretty excited about it!! Cant wait to have it under the hood and hear it!!!
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/29/2010, 8:43 am

Welcome home, Miguel. I look forward to meeting you at the next meet. Have fun with the CAI install when it gets in.
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/29/2010, 12:57 pm

Again, air moves through the inlet too fast for heat to be a factor. I could see if it was 500 degrees under the hood but it's not...non factor.
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/29/2010, 1:15 pm

You can get the MAFS online or in performance catalogs. I didn;t look that much but JET was the only one I could find for TUndras. You can go to Granetelli.com and click on mass airflow and they have a few paragraphs that explains what they do and why to have one, better than I have been trying to do.
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/29/2010, 1:57 pm

Hmmm nothing for the 5.7 oh well K&N intake ????? which one??? 207435
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/30/2010, 8:26 pm

If you are interested here is a used one for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/general-classifieds/182920-09-tundra-k-n-77-intake/#post1410934
Back to top Go down
klondike4001
klondike4001
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/30/2010, 11:07 pm

that's for a 5.7, he needs for a 4.0
Back to top Go down
gpend5.7sport
gpend5.7sport
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 4

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/31/2010, 12:24 am

ouch v6
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/31/2010, 12:36 am

oooppps
Back to top Go down
klondike4001
klondike4001
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/31/2010, 12:46 am

gpend5.7sport wrote:
ouch v6

Don't knock my V6!
Back to top Go down
gpend5.7sport
gpend5.7sport
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 4

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/31/2010, 3:09 am

lol not knockin it
Back to top Go down
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 2

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/31/2010, 6:18 am

Sport your V6 and be proud of it!! Just might need to get some growl in your exhaust to fool people!!
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/
klondike4001
klondike4001
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty1/31/2010, 12:14 pm

My CAI already turns heads.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&N intake ????? which one???   K&N intake ????? which one??? Empty

Back to top Go down

K&N intake ????? which one???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: MODIFICATIONS :: PERFORMANCE MODS -