GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? I_vote_lcapBest Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? I_voting_barBest Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? I_vote_lcapBest Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? I_voting_barBest Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 2

Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Vide
PostSubject: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/22/2010, 5:37 pm

Ok guys, done a little bit of research and would like all of your input on this. Simply put: What is the best lift kit on the market (6" or more) that you can buy for the New Gen Tundras? I am looking for the best looking, functioning, wearing, price value, etc....basically I want to know which kit is the best OVERALL for our trucks. If you have a 6" lift or better, or if you have experience in the matter please chime in.

Initially, I like the ProComp Stage II kit and the BDS 7" kit (with the upgraded shocks). Tell me what you think or know....and hook a brotha up with some serious edumacation!!!
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/22/2010, 6:12 pm

I couldn't tell you what's best or better but you're free to drive my truck and feel what it's like with the 7" BDS if you want and then ride in maybe Shawn's with the PC II. I didn't upgrade the rear shocks but I changed out to the Bilstein 5100s in front. I just couldn't see paying more for the PC I or even trying to go PC II just for the coilovers.
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/22/2010, 7:49 pm

I don't know a whole lot about the BDS but I do have the Stage I ProComp and I have no qualms with it. When I was researching for my lift everyone said ProComp was the way to go. Whatever you do, do not get a Fabtech. I used to be a Fabtech guy but I've only heard problems and a friend of mine has the Fabtech and mine rides and handles a lot better than his.
Back to top Go down
TRDDunn
TRDDunn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/22/2010, 7:54 pm

^^^^What Z said^^^ I love mine
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/22/2010, 7:55 pm

Thanks Jason! Hey man you going to make it to the February meet? We need to get some pictures of our twins side by side.
Back to top Go down
TRDDunn
TRDDunn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/22/2010, 10:49 pm

Man I am going to try. I know it sounds like empty promises with my meet track record! HAHA. So hard planing anything in the oil field. That would be a sweet ass pic though.
Back to top Go down
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 12:03 pm

I was informed my Greg (DezNutjob) that RCD's 6" kit is the best on the market? Any objections? The shocks in that kit even match my chrome theme!!
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/
TRDDunn
TRDDunn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 1:19 pm

Good looking kit. Looks the same as the P.C. Stage II. I guess price and chrome would be your deciding factor. I have not heard any complaints on either lift.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 1:27 pm

I spoke with someone that has the 6" RCD lift when I was researching. It's a solid kit based on how he uses it and had no trouble or complaints. The kit itself is about $500 less than the BDS kit. BDS metal components comes in black or silver if you're really into the color match. If I can get a shot with decent lighting I'll post later.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PROPS : 7

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 1:58 pm

I have seen and rode in the PC 1 kit own the PC ll kit and checked out Ts BDS. What size tires do you plan on running will help with the kits.... Do you ever plan on adding HD bumpers? Would also be a factor. The RCD kit looks pretty similar to the PC l kit. You have a camper you haul right??? This will also play a factor in which kit you want. The great thing about the PC ll lift is that all the shocks are adjustable. If you tow a trailer you can turn the mx-6 shocks up for heavy loads. If you get a HD front bumper you can turn the PC ll coils up. To keep truck level. The coils will also give you more travel if off roading and you can change the ride quality by turning the coils. I checked Ts BDS out the other day. I liked the idea of a 7" kit BUT, I didn't like the back sagging, and I didn't really care for the way that they do the coil set up. They claim that kit will clear 37s BUT Ts 35s rubbed pretty bad on the front. From I have seen BDS rubbs 35s PC can run 37s with a little modification.

I would have recommended the BDS for the extra inch but now I would stick with the PC ll. Just my 2 cents.....
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 3:59 pm

GREAT breakdown, Shawn. An extra inch isn't a big deal or reason to compare the kits when inches can be added in other ways. I really like your "assessment" and think I'm going to give BDS a call about claiming 37s even though they show a Tundra with that setup and I've seen other owners that went 37. Maybe it's just the Nittos or how I have cranked it a few times to back into my driveway with people parked on the street. I do like the overall ride and still need to test the off-road capabilities. Will keep the forum posted as I experience more and will try to get it off road next week in N. Carolina.
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PROPS : 1

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 7:21 pm

Those of you with lifts, hows your mpgs?
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PROPS : 7

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 9:25 pm

9 - 10 city 13 -15 on highway. intake exhaust and a 4.7
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty1/23/2010, 10:22 pm

Shawn - remembered something. 7" BDS doesn't sag. It's a 7/4 kit. If 3/1 levels, that explains the higher front appearance.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?   Best Lift Kits.....6" or better?  Whatcha got? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Lift Kits.....6" or better? Whatcha got?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: MODIFICATIONS :: SUSPENSION MODS -