GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration I_vote_lcapSpeedometer & Odometer Calibration I_voting_barSpeedometer & Odometer Calibration I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
Speedometer & Odometer Calibration I_vote_lcapSpeedometer & Odometer Calibration I_voting_barSpeedometer & Odometer Calibration I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

Speedometer & Odometer Calibration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Vide
PostSubject: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty11/13/2009, 5:52 am

Looking for some advice on products to get my speedo calibrated and want to hear from anyone that has done it after getting larger tires. Also, do you have to leave the unit plugged in or once you run the software it's done and can be removed?
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty11/13/2009, 9:42 am

Hypertech Speedo Calibrator
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfcoasttundras.com
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty11/13/2009, 1:19 pm

So far the only one I've seen, read reviews, and priced. It's promising.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty12/21/2009, 10:10 pm

BUMP! Before I go get this thing, does anyone know if Toyota can do this for a fee? I wasn't able to confirm w/my usual service advisor today.
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 2

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty12/22/2009, 1:50 am

Not exactly sure. I'm just going to wait until someone comes out with a programmer because they usually will have an option in them to do that. You might also check superlift as well.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty12/22/2009, 1:58 am

I know the programmer is out there for the Tundra at a nice $300+ but trucks like Chevy you can just get it done by the dealer for $50. Hypertech is the only manufacturer that does our 2nd gens.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/7/2010, 5:22 pm

Ugh so I finally got behind my dash. Two fingers are band-aided on my right hand. Don't ask me how I got cut removing the plastic kick panels. I'm about to snap this thing in and pray I can get all these damn plastic parts back in without loss of too many more clips.....or blood. Who wants to see pics of my dusty torn apart dash? Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 7

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/7/2010, 6:22 pm

We want the pics of the bloody carnage not dust...
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/7/2010, 7:53 pm

Good cuz I snapped that crap back together so fast to make sure my truck still worked properly, but I still have my bandages LOL Either way, mission complete!
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/7/2010, 9:27 pm

Did you get export clearance from Cali to bring that dust out of the state?
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/7/2010, 9:39 pm

No, they'll charge me going back in for additional weight, height, carbon footprinting, and consider my pets livestock since the bull bar technically makes me a farm truck by their standards. I can't wait to park Manny in the compact spots again.
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/7/2010, 10:02 pm

I figured there would be some kind of tax on it heheh
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 1

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/8/2010, 11:17 am

When I had my Silverado. I had a hypertech reprogrammer for it and it had an option to recalib the speedo...but that was almost 10 yrs ago...holy crap, ten years! wow.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/8/2010, 1:12 pm

The reprogramer for our Tundras is $389 and all I really wanted to do was make sure my speed and shift points were correct so I got the basics.
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 1

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/8/2010, 4:06 pm

Hypertech also has a reprogrammer that has a touch screen that I found for $359
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 5

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/8/2010, 4:10 pm

have yall found a chip that's decent yet?
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty1/8/2010, 4:38 pm

EastTX Tank wrote:
Hypertech also has a reprogrammer that has a touch screen that I found for $359

Yep, that's the same one I'm talking about...after taxes, etc. Cris Payne has a chip but not sure which one. I'll ask later today.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer & Odometer Calibration   Speedometer & Odometer Calibration Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedometer & Odometer Calibration

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: MODIFICATIONS :: SUSPENSION MODS -