GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapHow can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 I_voting_barHow can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapHow can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 I_voting_barHow can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
GreatScott
GreatScott

PROPS : 0

How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 2:10 am

Like others have said, and as i have posted before in another thread, this site is not really user friendly at all. Its not intuitive and easy to pick up right away which will deter people right off the bat. The pages are very busy and its hard to find stuff. I like the layout and ease of use of tundra talk.

This is just constructive criticism, honestly. So hope no one gets mad at me lol.
Back to top Go down
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 2

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 4:39 am

Just an FYI Scott, TT uses VBulletin for their board. Ben is working towards getting GCT on that platform. I agree with you about this set up on GCT currently. It's very busy, lots of action and movement on the front page here. If you don't have a quick internet connection it takes a while for each page to come up and load properly. I know for a fact though, Ben is looking to upgrade in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PROPS : 12

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 10:26 am

yup! hopefully soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfcoasttundras.com
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PROPS : 7

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 10:50 am

Ya Vbulletin does have ALOT more features we can use. But as anything the more bells and whistles you more you pay. Right now GCT is a free forum. Wink
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PROPS : 1

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 12:10 pm

man Beez. I love your avatar
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 12:29 pm

How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 89716
Back to top Go down
GreatScott
GreatScott

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:05 pm

Well TT is a also free, but can be donated to voluntarily.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:06 pm

When we make the switch to vBulletin (I'm sure it'll happen), are you able to migrate or will each member have to start a new profile?
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:10 pm

ummm... no.. when Shawn means free that means the database itself is a free forum database, doesnt cost us anything... TT is a vb site and there are large amounts of $$$ that goes into starting, creating and maintaining those sites. infact, the COST just to buy the vb liscense just went up.

if you wish to make a donation to our site to raise money to buy the vb liscense that would be great... just click the donation link at the top right of your screen.
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:12 pm

TXTee wrote:
When we make the switch to vBulletin (I'm sure it'll happen), are you able to migrate or will each member have to start a new profile?

im in the process of getting these types of questions answered now. I may have to manually transfer everyone info like:

Email
User Name
Password
Signature
Profile info and preferences
etc...
Rank status (i.e., Admin, Mod, Donor, Vendor, etc.)

over to the new system.
Back to top Go down
GreatScott
GreatScott

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:21 pm

Ya i really like that set up. And TT has a voluntary donation system, so not a mandatory thing. But ya if we could get a set up like that it would be nice.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:28 pm

Nothing is mandatory on GCT.com either but I do my part to help when I can with GCT gear orders, the calendar, etc. because I believe in our core values/mission.

What I like most about this site is that we are truly regional, genuinely close, attempt to give back to our local community, and I have an actual connection with real folks. Internet "friends" got played out for me awhile back.....so I really appreciate the close network here and no matter how large we grow I intend to personally meet each and every member that makes it to a meet and be able to match a name, face, and truck.
Back to top Go down
GreatScott
GreatScott

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:34 pm

Ya I was strictly referring to the layout of the site though.
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 1:52 pm

Scott - I'm in the process of getting some tech questions answered before I buy the licsense for vb. I too want to convert to the system.

Tee - I agree 100%... being regional and actually knowing everyone is our concept... not to compete with being the most popular or the biggest....but the most useful in growing a local community.
Back to top Go down

greddy09sc

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 4:35 pm

lLess ads. I see too much going on the home page.
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 5:20 pm

greddy09sc wrote:
lLess ads. I see too much going on the home page.

can't help it... not under our control!
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 5:47 pm

The Forum its self would be nothing with out members. (and a few members sitting on the beach having a few beers.... hahaha) This forum was built at no "Manatory costs". Ben was gracious enough to put up is own hard earned money to pay for our domain name. With out so much as a hint of anyone helping pay for it. Which is AWSOME and speeks loads about him and how much he is dedicated to GCT. I then did what I could to help build a Forum for our website. No its not the Greatest forum with all the bells and whistles, But it is has been A great start with only 5 months and 102 Registered members. (must not be to hard to register.) This forum is about its members WE all listen to suggestions about how to change things. I believe just the other week someone liked the chat option. I think it got turned on with in the next day or so. You go to TT and tell them you would like to see a change in the way they have their forum laid out or the colors and see if it changes. We have taken polls on different formats and layouts. The MEMBERS are the ones who run the show not one person. The members that have a donor status have donated on their own, not because little hints were dropped but because they to like were GCT is going. And some may not have the money to donate but would love to and we don't hold that against them. You can get a donor tag by many different ways. Not just MONEY. THIS FORUM IS A NON PROFIT PLACE FOR TUNDRA OWNERS TO MEET AND SHARE THEIR PASHTION ABOUT TRUCKS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 6:32 pm

Shawn wrote:
The Forum its self would be nothing with out members. (and a few members sitting on the beach having a few beers.... hahaha) This forum was built at no "Manatory costs". Ben was gracious enough to put up is own hard earned money to pay for our domain name. With out so much as a hint of anyone helping pay for it. Which is AWSOME and speeks loads about him and how much he is dedicated to GCT. I then did what I could to help build a Forum for our website. No its not the Greatest forum with all the bells and whistles, But it is has been A great start with only 5 months and 102 Registered members. (must not be to hard to register.) This forum is about its members WE all listen to suggestions about how to change things. I believe just the other week someone liked the chat option. I think it got turned on with in the next day or so. You go to TT and tell them you would like to see a change in the way they have their forum laid out or the colors and see if it changes. We have taken polls on different formats and layouts. The MEMBERS are the ones who run the show not one person. The members that have a donor status have donated on their own, not because little hints were dropped but because they to like were GCT is going. And some may not have the money to donate but would love to and we don't hold that against them. You can get a donor tag by many different ways. Not just MONEY. THIS FORUM IS A NON PROFIT PLACE FOR TUNDRA OWNERS TO MEET AND SHARE THEIR PASHTION ABOUT TRUCKS!!!!!!!!

Very well said Shawn, thanks to everyone that got this thing off the ground and contributes in whatever way they can.
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 6:49 pm

this thread brings tears to my eye's
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 7:01 pm

UR advatar brings..........................

ok im done tears to my eyes.
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 8:18 pm

I'm fine with the current layout. Just like anything else, the more you do it, the easier it gets. I just hope we don't overthink this.
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 9:20 pm

Did anybody see the post I made the bump this thread anways? It was an idea to expand GCT...
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/2/2010, 9:30 pm

Yes, I did. And I think it's a great idea. Lots of nice Tacos I see all the time and wouldn't mind tagging them with a card. Not sure how they'd feel about joining a site with the word "Tundra" but worth a shot nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
EastTX Tank
EastTX Tank
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/3/2010, 7:35 pm

I think we would have to change our name.
Back to top Go down
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 2

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty2/3/2010, 7:43 pm

We are ok right now guys!! Just keep passin those cards out and get the word out. I have a feeling once the site is upgraded to vb that we will explode with some new members.

Ben, will the new site have advertisements? I really, really, dislike the current TT setup with ads everywhere. What will it cost to do away with that? I would propose that the only ads on our new site be from current GCT Vendors who pay good $$$ to advertise and support our members.
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?   How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How can we make GCT.com bigger?!?!?!?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: GULF COAST TUNDRAS HQ :: SUGGESTION BOX -