GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
aFe Throttle Body Spacer I_vote_lcapaFe Throttle Body Spacer I_voting_baraFe Throttle Body Spacer I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
aFe Throttle Body Spacer I_vote_lcapaFe Throttle Body Spacer I_voting_baraFe Throttle Body Spacer I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

aFe Throttle Body Spacer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 2

aFe Throttle Body Spacer Vide
PostSubject: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty9/30/2009, 11:27 pm

As far as I'm concerned, I'm sold. They're only about $120 and I've got my on the way right now. Can't wait for it to get here. Maybe I can finally post something in the DIY section.

Last edited by zbeastburn on 10/25/2009, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty9/30/2009, 11:34 pm

Not trying to steal business from any of our current sponsors if they sell this stuff, but if you want one, you can get it from Aaron. He knows his stuff and like I said he drives a Tundra himself. I've bought all the stuff on my truck from him. If you give him a shout, just tell him I sent you.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PROPS : 7

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty9/30/2009, 11:40 pm

I need one for a 4.7 hahaha..... I had it out with 4 wheel parts over my tires fitting on a 6" lift. got to the point were I spent over 20k somewhere else. PISSSSSEEEEDDDDDD!!!!!!! I tell you
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty9/30/2009, 11:46 pm

I hate to hear that Shawn. I'm glad you saw this post. Next time you need something like that, you should check this guy out. He wouldn't have argued with you about the tires fitting. He's got a 2008 with Stage II and rolling 37" Toyo Mud Terrains. He trimmed the body mount on the rear fender well, welded it up and painted it so you can't tell and then moved the front fog light assembly forward. Like I said, guy knows his Tundras.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty9/30/2009, 11:49 pm

sweet you need to get him on here.... I need mucho parts for the 85 mud toy.
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PROPS : 12

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty9/30/2009, 11:54 pm

since you are that close to him... you should have him sign up on the site... I sent 4wheelparts in Houston an email about becoming a vendor and they never replied.

we DO want to give our vendors first dibs on sales, always... I'd love for them to become a vendor.. maybe you can plant that seed?

also keep in mind that since we DO have a sponsor/vendor that can get parts, no advertisement for non-vendors will be posted. Its a bad business for paying vendors and unfair to what they agreed to.

but please get him to sign up and ask about becoming a sponsor on our site.

oh and as far as TBS's... a few members on Tundrageeks.com and TundraSolutions.com have tried them and they all said that there was little to no gain.... if this guy has graphs to show the increase in power, his sales for that product could go through the roof.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfcoasttundras.com
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/1/2009, 12:08 am

I'm in the process of getting him signed up on here. And I will make sure to mention to the vendor business to him. Like I said above, I'm not trying to take business away from any of our sponsors. I agree that they come first as they are already helping us out so we need to help them out. I was in no means trying to advertise and can see how that could come across from above.

And as far as the other members and their observations on the other sites, that's cool. I just think that if there's a chance of me gaining even the slightest bit more horsepower, torque, mileage, especially when the part only cost around $100, I'm most likely going to give it a shot. Don't have the deep ass pockets to pay for that outrageous TRD supercharger so I'll just have to settle for these other little perks here and there and hope they give me something.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/1/2009, 12:13 am

Man I hear that on the shallow pockets..... at least you have a 5.7 I have the 4.7 turning 37s I need all the help I can get as well. but no one makes anything for the 4.7 escept headers which are like 5 to 700
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/1/2009, 12:19 am

Yea I looked into those at one time. That's for the ceramic ones right? If I were to do headers I'd probably wait until I had enough money to do headers and then a 3" straight stainless pipe all the way back. Bling bling
Back to top Go down
JDBreaux
JDBreaux

PROPS : 6

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/24/2009, 12:39 am

Airaid makes a throttle body space for the 4.7 and it works.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tundranetwork.com/profile/JeremyBreaux
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/24/2009, 9:24 am

HUMMMMM were you find it JD??
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/25/2009, 6:58 pm

Uh oh.... Shawn is getting anxious Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/25/2009, 7:01 pm

Okay guys and gals, I got the aFe throttle body spacer on. I forgot to take pics so I apologize for that but it is a very easy install. It maybe took me 20 minutes max. As far as performance goes... It seems to have a added a some low end torque when you stomp on it. Shawn can vouch for that. It might take a little bit to see if it did anything for my gas mileage but I will update on that as soon as I get a tank or two through. Overall, worth the $100 bucks or so to get it.
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 5

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/25/2009, 7:59 pm

alright lets here about it as soon as you get some numbers on it

I would love to see a dyno sheet if you have the chance
Back to top Go down
JDBreaux
JDBreaux

PROPS : 6

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/25/2009, 8:46 pm

I ordered mine online but that was year ago. I don't have one now. New truck, new engine. extra liter of displacement
Back to top Go down
http://www.tundranetwork.com/profile/JeremyBreaux
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/25/2009, 9:44 pm

TX_Ros wrote:
alright lets here about it as soon as you get some numbers on it

I would love to see a dyno sheet if you have the chance

There isn't a dyno shop around where I am at but if I go back to East Texas there's a shop that has a nice system for cheap runs and I'll get one run.
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 5

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/25/2009, 10:07 pm

that works
thanks
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty10/25/2009, 10:20 pm

Glad to be of help
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aFe Throttle Body Spacer   aFe Throttle Body Spacer Empty

Back to top Go down

aFe Throttle Body Spacer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: MODIFICATIONS :: PERFORMANCE MODS -