GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
Latest LED Project Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
Latest LED Project Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
Latest LED Project Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
Latest LED Project Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
Latest LED Project Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
Latest LED Project Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
Latest LED Project Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
Latest LED Project Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
Latest LED Project Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
Latest LED Project I_vote_lcapLatest LED Project I_voting_barLatest LED Project I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
Latest LED Project I_vote_lcapLatest LED Project I_voting_barLatest LED Project I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

Latest LED Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
hotrodtundra
hotrodtundra
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 5

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 1:13 am

I really like how Audi is using LEDs for the DRLs and even Mercedes has caught on to that and is using them on I think 5 different models for 2010. This is my attempt at that. I originally wanted to install them right underneath the headlamps but when I got the LED strips, I realized that wasn't going to happen. So I have played around a little with different spots to install the strips and the only good spot (IMO) is at the top of the headlamp right under the hood. The pics don't do the LEDs justice as these were taken with my cell phone. I am going to try and get them completely wired up Friday night. These are just fitting photos. Let me know what y'all think.

Got them finished but now I need to replace the right side strip. I damaged 3 leds. Damn it. This is what i looks like for now still not good pics.

Latest LED Project Photo0091j

Latest LED Project Photo0092f

Latest LED Project Photo0086

Latest LED Project Photo0087t

Latest LED Project Photo0088j

Last edited by hotrodtundra on 12/5/2009, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 1:17 am

I think I need to find you in December for an install. That shyt is fly!
Back to top Go down
hotrodtundra
hotrodtundra
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 1:22 am

Thank ya! Just wished both were installed and had a better camera. I will look pretty clean when the HIDs are on.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 2:05 am

Definitely post the final pics so I can decide. I'm not changing any of my lights but adding something unique like that is cool. Reall brings out the super white of your truck...
Back to top Go down
dmonge90
dmonge90

PROPS : 1

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 2:38 am

Looks good, good job
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 9:50 am

is that in the head light did you bake the lights to get them apart to do the install or what?
Back to top Go down
wacked
wacked
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 7

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 10:32 am

That looks really slick bro!
Back to top Go down
zbeastburn
zbeastburn
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 2

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 11:31 am

Looks good. Can't wait to see the finish product.
Back to top Go down
C.C.
C.C.
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 1

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 4:36 pm

man that is bad ass bro!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/corando84
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/4/2009, 7:40 pm

that shit is DOPE!!!!

fyi.. I just ordered some high intensity LED's and I'll be doing my custom LED work soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfcoasttundras.com
hotrodtundra
hotrodtundra
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/5/2009, 12:29 am

Beezwax wrote:
that shit is DOPE!!!!

fyi.. I just ordered some high intensity LED's and I'll be doing my custom LED work soon

Just let me know if you need any help man.

Ross, they are installed on top of the headlamps using 3M double sided taped that was provided. Did not even have to remove the headlamps but I did screw up the right side.

I stayed at the Mercedes shop until 8:30 to get them finished and found out I screwed up one of the strips. So the right side strip has 3 leds that don't light up. Now I have to order a replacement. I have two more pics but my camera sucks. I will try a get a shot of what they look like during the day.
Back to top Go down
TX_Ros
TX_Ros
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/5/2009, 10:27 am

that's what I thought I saw

did you disable the drls and use this power for the leds or just splice them
Back to top Go down
hotrodtundra
hotrodtundra
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/5/2009, 2:20 pm

My truck doesn't have the DRLs. What I did is rigged them up to a switch. I did a how to on the under dash LEDs that are also wired to a switch (my blue ones anyway) so I tapped into the constant power wire and tapped into the ground wire that I used in the how to for my additional switch. I ran a single accessory power wire from the switch into the enigne bay to power on the lights when I flip the switch. The ground wires for the strips, I bolted them directly to the negative terminal of the battery.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/6/2009, 2:25 pm

Cool information above. So where does the wire from the actual LED strip to the other grounds, etc go? Is it trailing alongside the headlamp somehow?
Back to top Go down
sephirothjx2
sephirothjx2
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

PROPS : 0

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/7/2009, 12:31 am

that's sick!
Back to top Go down
hotrodtundra
hotrodtundra
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/7/2009, 3:07 am

Tee, I have them taped to things and tucked away. I would have to take pics or show you in person to see how I did it. Its hard to explain.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/7/2009, 10:53 am

hotrodtundra wrote:
Tee, I have them taped to things and tucked away. I would have to take pics or show you in person to see how I did it. Its hard to explain.

Got it! No pics necessary. As long as tucked that's cool. Think it's a very original idea what you've done and thinking of ways to get LEDs on Big Daddy...maybe get you to help me wire up some strips on the running boards or dome.
Back to top Go down

BIzKeT10

PROPS : 0

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/29/2009, 12:02 am

badass :)
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/29/2009, 1:20 pm

Eric how long is that strip how many lights?
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/29/2009, 9:05 pm

Eric - think you'd have time to hook me up with something for the running boards?
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/30/2009, 2:55 pm

just thought of something is that legal to run down the road with?
Back to top Go down
hotrodtundra
hotrodtundra
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/31/2009, 1:31 am

Shawn, its a 12 inch strip and I will have to count how many LEDs each strip has. As far as being legal, I don't see why the wouldn't be. Audi uses them for DRLs on their vehicles and Mercedes is using them as DRLs and even front turn signals on the new S-Class. I have them on all the time when I am driving and past by countless cops and haven't had anyone tell me that they are illegal.

Tamara, I will see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/31/2009, 10:33 am

Cool... I had a few ideas for those and turns but just wanted to check the legalness of them. I just pulled the trigger on two sets of HIDS. Then ordered white led turn signals. Wanted blue but figured those were illegal.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty12/31/2009, 2:23 pm

Thanks, Eric. And Shawn - your project sounds pretty neat too.
Back to top Go down
hotrodtundra
hotrodtundra
GCT DONOR
GCT DONOR

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty1/2/2010, 12:26 pm

Shawn, did you order those dual color LEDs for the turn signals? The ones that are white when on and turn to amber when you use the turn signal. I still need to get my fogs in HID and still wanting to convert most of the bulbs to LED on mine but work isn't treating me too well right now so no extra money to spend on my favorite toy.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Latest LED Project Vide
PostSubject: Re: Latest LED Project   Latest LED Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest LED Project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: MODIFICATIONS :: INT/EXT LIGHTING -