GulfCoastTundras.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Coast Tundras

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THIS SITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN AS OF FEB 28TH 2010!  PLEASE VISIT THE NEW SITE AT WWW.GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.COM
Latest topics
» Out with the OLD...and IN with the NEW!!
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/13/2010, 7:43 am by TCTundra

» * Want To SALE My 20" Platinum W/Bridgestone Dueler TIRES Or Trade For Look*
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/13/2010, 12:19 am by Nicks Silver Bueaty

» Toyota Recalls
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 8:36 pm by toms516

» AC Controls Dash light LED Swap
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:11 pm by TX_Ros

» MANLY GRILL !
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:42 am by gpend5.7sport

» Leather
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:33 am by gpend5.7sport

» im so easily pleased ( thats what she said )
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/12/2010, 12:31 am by gpend5.7sport

» MOD Meet.
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 11:08 pm by TX_Ros

» Update on vBulletin upgrade
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty2/11/2010, 11:00 pm by TX_Ros

Statistics
We have 106 registered users
The newest registered user is oldscud

Our users have posted a total of 8747 messages in 525 subjects
Top posters
TXTee
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWhere in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 I_voting_barWhere in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Beezwax
Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWhere in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 I_voting_barWhere in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Shawn
gpend5.7sport
TCTundra
TX_Ros
cadams1224
wacked
EastTX Tank
zbeastburn
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 374 on 10/13/2021, 7:03 am

Where in Houston to install lift shock?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

EVOL ARDNUT

PROPS : 0

Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/7/2009, 4:59 pm

TOP 2.5 on adj bills GIVE YOU half inch higher in rear FOR CREWMAX, but looks dead level.

If you tow allot, go with second position even with CREWMAX.

If I had double cab and did not want block in rear, second position for sure.

I HAVE ALL 4 and may go full 2.5, but second position gives smoother ride due to less spring compression, after talking to guy at WHEELERS.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PROPS : 7

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/7/2009, 5:11 pm

Yes this is true the tighter the spring the rougher the ride. You will be waiting along time for 1k miles due to the fact these just came out. I would roll the middle setting, and if you have the dealer install these it should not void your warranty. 1k warranty is great.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/7/2009, 5:12 pm

Tamara I never had a problem with my 6" touching the UCA. Even when I flexed it out with 37s.
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/7/2009, 7:41 pm

What would dealer charge to install these at whatever setting, all 4?

These shocks are stiffer even at 2nd setting as another crewmaxer told me so go with the lift you want I guess.
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/7/2009, 7:44 pm

I was also told that anything above 3 inches needs aftermarket UCA to get alignment into spec, again wheeler people talking.

I was told that stiffness at middle setting is HALF THAT OF FULL 2.5 LIFT WITH THESE SHOCKS, that are stiff anyway.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 12

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/7/2009, 8:58 pm

I can only imagine if someone ran across this site and had no knowledge whatsoever how lost they'd be after reading this "language." Thanks for the info, Shawn....
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/10/2009, 11:32 am

Well going in to install all 4 5100 on TUESDAY.

Hope they do good job, my biggest concern is alignment.

GOING WITH FULL 2.5 UP FRONT, SEEN 2 CREWMAXES AT THAT LEVEL AND ONE MID LEVEL pics convinced me even
though mid lift would still look good, want that true level look and I
don't haul much.

Installer said that if it needs one inch block in rear, not a big deal and to do it afterward and see how it looks first.

With truck being 3 inches higher in rear and a 2.56 going up front, it should not look too bad. Some like true rake to be present.

If someone wants to convince me on going 1.78 only, post away?

Going to ALLOUTOFFROAD in Stafford due to closer to work and they have 2 locations, the other in RICHMOND, price not bad. Hope they do good work though!
Back to top Go down
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 2

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/10/2009, 6:51 pm

Make sure you post pics after the install so we can see if they did you right!! If you tow anything at all you will want the rake.....or it will look like your trucks ass is dragging the ground while towing.
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 10:06 am

Still considering 1.8 lift in rear second position to 5100 AND have under 1 inch rake to rear or add like the LRO rea block one inch if it needs a little sometthing, other thing is that I have 275/65 18 AT/2 and don't want to make them look too small?

Installer said, go for full 2.5, but after seeing crewmaxes with mid position and highest 2.5 (they both look good and if you tow anything mid perch is the way to go) this thing will be slightly nose high till they settle and I have 1/4 to 1/2 inch rake in rear that you can not tell.

On TT, BERN has his mid position and still looks good in fact that how crewmaxes should have come from factory with 1 inch rake instead of the 3 inch dragster look!

TC, I'M EMBARRASSED to say I don't know to to post pics otherwise I would have done some a while back..
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 12:24 pm

I hope you enjoy the final setup on Tuesday. Take pics anyway and someone will help you learn how to post or email and post on your behalf. What was your reason for using the shocks instead of leveling kit?
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 1:37 pm

235 bucks for 4 5100 shocks with built in capability for 2.5 level up front, I call that a 2fer!

Got them for 35% off, so better then original 350 bucks.

BETTER shocks with a lift at same price of some front only level lifts.

Cheapest is 2.25 top gunz at 100 bucks, I know I did ALOOOOT of research.

My front stock shocks have 3,000 miles on them due to replaced at 23,000 miles due to front passenger leaking with truck being a road queen on the non trd.

I may go full 2.5 and will have 1/2 inch rear rake that no one will be able to see, If I need block in back then price will go up but still have 2 new shocks back there.

I drive this truck every day and every time I walking up on it from the front it looks like a bull dog in position to pounce, gotta get that nose up a bit.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 4:51 pm

Thanks for sharing. That makes sense and glad to hear you're ready to get that bull dog out of defensive stance. Guess I better check out Top Gunz too.
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 6:06 pm

Check out shockwearhouse.com for those shocks TAMARA.

Sale was over on SEP. 30 AND NOW IT IS 10% FROM 25%, bet that TEN code still works to get only 20%, but I'd givem a call and see if they can make exception.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 6:45 pm

That's who I was going with originally. When I checked TG it was immediately more. Thanks for the heads up! The new sales is 10%, free shipping, through end of this month and I'm still going to contact directly since I'm on multiple forums. No one has given these 5100s any negative attention, so the more people they get with interest, the more they can sell.
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 6:56 pm

They sold a TON with that previous sale!

If you match apples with apples, shock plus lift in one over just lift.

Now the install is more difficult with shocks of course, but since my stock shock was leaking at 23,000 miles and even changed under warranty.......not sure on quality of non trd's.

My only concern is that don't want nose high and that alignment is done right.

These shocks look quite stout, especially fronts compared to stocks, SILVER COLOR DOES NOT HURT EVEN THOUGH MY TRUCK IS that light colored gold.

They changed it to a more gold, prefer my light color peuter look better, hides dirt well...haha!

These guys have 2 4x4 shops in SUGAR LAND AREA, so hope they know how to change a shock, for my sake.

Would have gone with guy in LEAGUE CITY as BEEZWAX said, but kinda far and don't have a car for a day.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 7:15 pm

Perfect if they're silver since my truck is too. The plan is to get my shocks ordered by the end of this month.....lift kit next month....tires Dec....install all Jan. I didn't need to change shocks with the kit but too many people have killed the OEM off-roading and now I hear yours went out is all the more reason to do it right. I'm trying to find a shop on the North side and have Shawn's recommendation so far in Conroe but will also check out Brad's Phase 3 for a quote and willing to travel. Can't wait to hear how the ride looks and feels on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
TCTundra
TCTundra
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PROPS : 2

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 8:34 pm

Tamara, just stick with the shops on the North side. Phase 3 is just a local shop here in T.C.....and you could get an equal deal up north without driving down here.
Back to top Go down
http://tcpain.websitetoolbox.com/
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/11/2009, 9:32 pm

All righty! I'll keep hunting North since I have time.
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/12/2009, 12:21 pm

WONT BE GETTING MINE BACK TILL AFTER 5 TOMORROW.

I hope they do good job to say good things on this forum.
Tamara, like TC said find someone close in casr alignment is off a little or you have to go in for something, your not driving an hour.

As long as you have idea of who they are.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/12/2009, 1:17 pm

Good point...also trying to decide if I can go to a body shop? What's really the best type of place? Most sites say any mechanic but I think this is somewhat custom work and not sure what to type in for a search.
Back to top Go down

EVOL ARDNUT

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/12/2009, 3:25 pm

there is a place up in CONROE right as per SHAWN, right?

Yes I would stick to someone who puts on lifts for a living.
Back to top Go down
TXTee
TXTee
GCT MOD
GCT MOD

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/12/2009, 5:34 pm

Yep - I'll check out his place. It's still about 30 miles from where I live but I'd rather go where a member has gone if I can't find shop in Spring area.
Back to top Go down
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/13/2009, 4:25 pm

Tamara deff stick to a shop that has done these types of lifts. With the 6" they have to cut out a section of the frame. So deff stick with a lift pro.
Back to top Go down
Beezwax
Beezwax
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/13/2009, 4:35 pm

holy shit... you are alive
Back to top Go down
http://www.gulfcoasttundras.com
Shawn
Shawn
GCT ADMIN
GCT ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty10/13/2009, 5:43 pm

Barely...... the weather makes my life crazy....stupid computer users....god... lol
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where in Houston to install lift shock?   Where in Houston to install lift shock? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where in Houston to install lift shock?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GulfCoastTundras.com :: MODIFICATIONS :: SUSPENSION MODS -